All my sessions are via video. Video therapy (tele-practice) allows you to participate in face-to-face virtual sessions using your smartphone, tablet, or desktop computer.
- Safer for those with health concerns
- More accessible for people who live in remote areas of Arizona
- More convenient for people who have time constraints or difficulty with transportation
- More practical for people who work from home or are temporarily home bound
How To Make a Video Therapy Appointment
- Make sure I offer the services you’re looking for. Go to the FAQ tab (Frequently Asked Questions) for types of therapy, ages, fees, etc.
- Email or Text me. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at (480) 980-6308 and let me know of a couple of upcoming days and times you are available. I will contact you and schedule an appointment.
- Complete the Initial Paperwork. Once you have made an appointment, I will email you the link to the initial paperwork. It’s easy and all online. No scanning or special equipment is necessary.
- Be ready. A few minutes before your first appointment time click on https://doxy.me/drcoats. This takes you to the virtual waiting room. I will join you at the designated time.
Video Therapy FAQs
Can I do other things during the session?
To get the most of your sessions, please be in a quiet, private place that allows you to talk freely and focus. Please avoid other activities like walking, exercising, or interacting with others. I cannot see you if you are driving, drinking alcohol, or smoking during the session.
Can I just use audio through my phone rather than video?
Not for the initial session or on a regular basis. We can use the phone only if you are unable to get an internet connection for video. Phone connections are not HIPAA compliant at this time.
Do you provide video therapy for couples?
Yes. Please arrange a comfortable way to share the screen. I prefer that the couple be in the same location but in rare instances we can do a split screen via FaceTime.
Do you provide video therapy for group?
No. Workshops will be held by Zoom.
How do I pay for the sessions?
I would prefer secure bank to bank payment via the Zelle app. If you need to use credit card or HSA card, click on the “Pay Here” tab on this website which is a direct, secure payment portal to Square services.
Are there any negative aspects of Video Therapy?
- Although I have chosen a HIPAA compliant platform, there are still inherent confidentiality risks with any electronic communication (hacking, etc.).
- There is also potential for technology failure such as a bad or lost connection that can be frustrating.
- There is a potential risk of not being able to identify patients when using electronic communication that does not involve video, but I use audio and video during the intial assessment to assure identity. Patient identity is verified by a HIPPA compliant third party (Eversign) via email and signatures captured in the initial consent forms.
What if I live out of state?
At this time, there is no “national” license. Each state has its own license, so I am only licensed in Arizona at this time.
Please contact me today! Let’s get started!
Phone or Text: 480-980-6308